Yes! I did it! I ordered my Model 3 🙂 It was a great day and seeing all the people talking to each other has been and extraordinary experience for me. This blog entry gives an overview of all the features that has been announced in the first unveil or by Elon Musk via Twitter – as he answers a lot of questions there!
Features from unveil:
- 215 Miles range
- 0-60mph (100km/h) in under 6 seconds
- Comfortable seating for 5 adults
- 5-star Safety Rating
- Supercharging ‚capability‘
- Full glass roof
Even more features
But even more features have been announced via Twitter. Here’s a list with more features!
- Autopilot hardware included
- Optional tow hitch
- Seats can be folded down
- Rear-Wheel drive standrd. All-wheel drive optional
- Dual motor option will be less than compared to Model S option (5k$)
As you can see in the variety of pictures, the Model 3 has a single monitor in the front. Elon says it will make sense after part 2 of the unveil. Twitter.
The actual steeing controls will be different. Twitter.
A bike will still fit in the trunk! Twitter.
Some more facts
- Miniature model 3 and other gifts for early adopters.
- Reservation number IS sequencial, at least per region.
- Plans to build a factory in Europe
- Aerodynamic coefficient 0.21 – hopefully
- Supercharges coming to Italy, India, Mexico.
- Information if a super charger is in use or free: Software Update coming!
- Vegan interior optional